Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy February!

Well I'm a few days late, but wow, it's February already! I have been getting scheduled all day Saturday and Sunday lately, so I've been having a hard time keeping up on everything. The whole family has started a new diet. It's not really a diet so much as eating healthier and portion control. The diet is the 50 million pound challenge from Dr. Ian Smith. Matt liked the idea of it because it has a meal plan and that is where we always fail. We can never think of what to eat, but this has all your meals planed for you. It's really no different for the girls since I already make sure they eat healthy, but it's a pretty big change for Matt. He doesn't like fruit and veggies as much as I do and he is addicted to coke. He's reached the 4 day mark of not drinking any and is feeling pretty crappy, but I know it will get better. My biggest challenge is eating breakfast. I'm usually so busy in the morning with feeding the girls, doing dishes and laundry and vacuuming up all the dog hair that I rarely eat until lunch. If you want to check it out you can register for free at the website and track your food and weight loss.
The site is: http://50millionpounds.com/

Not much going on here, but hopefully the next time I post it will be on my new Mac Mini! It should be here on Thursday! I am very excited since I hate the current computer we have. Hope all is well with everyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Matt to move to Coffee. Gets rid of that nasty caffeine headache and has 4 calories. If you can avoid free work coffee and just make your own, it works out for the best.

Matt said...

The diet allows for 10 oz. of coffee or tea for the day and I've been hitting that in the middle of the afternoon. I had my last Coke with lunch on Friday. Last night (Monday) was the worst headache so far. I woke up this morning with a little grog...but eating breakfast, for a change, seems to help that a bit.