Saturday, May 24, 2008

Chicago

So yesterday we took a little trip to Chicago because Matt had the day off of work. We went to Oakbrook Center, which is a fancy outdoor mall. They have a Pottery Barn Kids store there and we needed to get chair covers for the new little girl chairs we got. We ate at a little deli there and then went to Ikea. I really loved Ikea. I couldn't help but think of my Aunt June as I walked through the massive store. Her grandmother was born in Sweden and barely spoke English so she could also speak Swedish. Ikea, for those of you who don't know, is a Swedish store so everything is written in Swedish. I wish she could have gone shopping with us and maybe taught me how to say some of the names of the items we bought. For those of you who have never been to an Ikea you should definitely go, it's a very cool store.

The girls were pretty well behaved and we all had a good time. Today we stayed around the house and worked. Emma helped Matt mow the lawn and I did some laundry. Hopefully the weather will be a little warmer and we can finally get out and play for a while.

No comments: